Saturday, June 29, 2013

Announcing: Little Fish Ministries

Please forgive my extended absence from posting. I wish I could always balance family, ministry responsibilities AND active blogging, but the truth is, I can't. :) Sometimes one must take precedence over the other and such was the case for the past few months.

HOWEVER! :)

I am thrilled to finally be able to announce that God has called our family to be missionaries to the orphans of South Africa! After several months of preparation, we are now traveling full-time, presenting our ministry to churches and raising financial support for our family.



Click HERE to view our brand-new ministry website---Little Fish Ministries. You can read all about our vision for LFM, the story behind the name, FAQ's, and much, much more! If for no other reason, visit our new site just to view our ministry video. Our sweet Johanna (adopted 2 years ago, at age 14) shares her story in her own words---and you do not want to miss it! I still cry every time I watch it.

I will be blogging over at Little Fish Ministries on a regular basis about our life on the road and our ministry updates. If you're curious as to how we're going to travel full-time with seven children, follow the LFM blog as I plan to have fun video updates, including a tour of our new living quarters, and interviews with each of our children. I will link over to the LFM blog from time-to-time if I feel a post might interest my readers over here.

*For starters, check out "The Longest 24 Hours EVER" :).

My plan is to get back to actively blogging over here again, now that most of the behind-the-scenes ministry work is complete (our website, prayer cards, display banner, and ministry video).

I'm so excited to finally finish the popular Grace Parenting Series and share more about The Good, The Bad, and The Downright Uglies of Older Child Adoption. I'm also going to tackle homeschooling on the road and teaching our children to be servants, among other topics.

I'd love some honest feedback on our new site, as well as prayer support for our family. This new journey requires great faith on our behalf, as Brent is not working a "traditional" job and our current income is very small. God has miraculously provided for our needs in so many ways already and we are humbled and excited to see how He will continue to do so. Should you feel led to participate in our miracle, you can do so HERE.

Looking forward to chatting with you all again soon! :)



3 comments:

  1. I just went and looked at your Little Fish Ministries web site. Johanna did an amazing job in her video and it brought tears to my eyes.

    I will pray for your family. Your Bergey Bunch blog has been such a blessing to me!

    Linda in Thunder Bay, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, I'm so glad to meet a fellow missionary wife. I'm gonna follow you so ill be back soon,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! I love, love, love that I just happened upon your blog! My husband and I have two children, we are currently in the process of adopting a little girl from the Congo, and we are raising support to start churches with orphan care ministries in the Philippines. We are hoping to be there next summer! You can see more on our website: http://www.thefilipinofocus.com I will definitely be following your blog, and I would love to stay in touch. It just warms my heart to see that God is calling others to minister to His little ones!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome any and all comments as long as they are Christ-honoring. Please let me know what you think!